My Ultimate Crossover Film

I've been enjoying the League of Extraordinary Bloggers ring via the fun site Cool and Collected for awhile now. Each week, a question is posed and members post their answers to their particular blogs. This week, inspired by the Avengers, the question was: What pop culture heroes or stories would make for the ultimate crossover? I had to join the League after reading that.

There's a movie crossover idea that has been in my head for a long time.

I've always wondered, where did the map that adventurer/showman Carl Denham acquired in 1933 leading to Kong's Skull island come from? Well, I thought it fun to imagine that it was originally created by a noted Archaeologist who had already been there.


This would be a prequel film taking place in 1931, a couple of years before Kong met his end in NYC and several before Indy found the Ark. I'll leave the details of this possible adventure to your imagination. But I'd love it to feature the return of Captain Katanga and his Bantu Wind pirate crew.

Okay, I know, I know... it was established in Raider's that Indy first meets Katanga.

But what if Katanga saying "Dr. Jones, you're exactly how I imagined you to look." is an inside joke between them set up in the Kong adventure? As an underworld pirate, Katanga's running gag might be to always pretend to never remember anyone or know anything, so he always has "plausible deniability".

4 comments:

  1. One word: BRILLIANT!

    This is just a fantastic, forehead-slapping, "why didn't I think of that?" moment. Thanks for contributing this week, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian,

      And thanks for inspiring and giving me a reason to post such fun nonsense. I'm looking forward to future League missions.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yeah, that is a good idea. And great work on the poster, too!

    ReplyDelete