124 Days 'til Halloween: Franken-Switch (Part 4)


Finished the actual switch for the Franken-Switch. This is going to be a blast to paint and detail up. I went with the classic rocker switch style. It's big, theatrical and cartoony looking so it will seem dangerous and easily seen by the Trick or Treaters. It will also make a fun prop to actually use by my brother Ted if he wants to return and play the mad doctor again in October.

I played around with it's placement on the pillar and liked it at an angle. It seems more practical to use and interesting to look at rather than flat on the side as I had in the first doodles.  It's just loosely attached for now by a bent L bracket underneath. I'm still undecided whether or not to make permanently affixed or it's own standing prop.


Dark brooding will take place pondering this (as well as the final color scheme) in my lab tonight.

5 comments:

  1. That is SO COOL ! I need one, or two, or three . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just digging this prop.....days when you don't post progress....I get sad :(

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress so far Dave. I really like how you have evolved the idea as you progressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, this is great stuff, as always.

    People don't often realize what a skill it is to make something from nothing, but having mastered that out of necessity with low, low budget store displays, plus my own Halloween props, I appreciate the eye that can scan the kitchen ware section of the dollar store with an imaginary can of spray paint and mental inventory of the box of assorted Pringles cans and pen caps in the garage and automatically reconfigure them in your mind into a Star Trek computer console or a troll.

    I salute you for that ability and for being able to sustain the the strength to carry on even when your wife must cringe, like mine, everytime she hears you say "Don't throw that out, I can use it for something."

    ReplyDelete